PolyWorks|Modeler is a comprehensive reverse-engineering software solution that allows extracting optimal CAD entities - curves, surfaces, parametric sketches, and prismatic features - from polygonal models of digitised parts to serve as the starting point in your professional CAD modelling solution.
- Work or model from polygonal models
- Generate CAD-friendly free-form surfaces
- Build solid CAD models from optimised geometric entities
Several industrial applications are capable of directly handling polygonal model representations. For example, polygonal models can be either directly milled, built using a 3D printer, or input into aerodynamic simulation software. PolyWorks|Modeler provides two categories of polygon-editing tools to prepare polygonal models for these applications:
- A first set of tools is designed to repair and optimise imperfectly digitised geometry. For example, it may be necessary to interpolate new polygons over unmeasured areas to create a complete surface representation.
- A second set of tools offers CAD operations on polygonal models, such as extrusion, offset, fillet, and Boolean operations.
PolyWorks|Modeler offers an intuitive surfacing approach in which curves are first laid down on a polygonal model, and then automatically intersected to form four-sided or N-sided trimmed NURBS patches. Next, the NURBS patches are used to control the fitting of a continuous network of NURBS surfaces. Fitted surfaces can then be exported to IGES or STEP files and directly imported into your favourite CAD/CAM application for further processing.
PolyWorks|Modeler's NURBS surfacing technology offers a remarkable balance between lead time and surface quality.
The solid modeling philosophy of PolyWorks|Modeler consists in optimising the extraction of geometric entities on digitised polygonal models, and then transferring these entities to your corporate feature-based solid CAD modeler to guarantee the creation of parametric, associative, and fully editable solid models.
Click here to download Brochure